Lovage Tea is known for its diuretic, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Lovage is a perennial aromatic flowering plant that grows in the northern and central parts of the United States. The constituents of lovage tea are quercetin, a flavonoid used as a nutritional supplement for people who struggle with fighting cancer, coumarins, beta-sitosterol, gums and resins.
How To Make Lovage Tea
To brew Lovage Tea, you will need to infuse about 2 teaspoons of dried lovage herb in a cup of boiled water. Let the mix steep for about 7 minutes and then, using a strainer, pour it into your cup.
Lovage Tea Benefits
- Alleviates menstrual cramps.
- Helps in the treatment of rheumatism.
- Treats urinary tract infections.
- Stimulates food appetite.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Alleviates migraine headache.
- Alleviates gas pains and flatulence.
Lovage Tea Side Effects
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid drinking Lovage Tea since during pregnancy may cause contractions or even miscarriage.
- Lovage Tea may lead to fluid retention.
- Might increase blood pressure.
- Do not drink Lovage Tea if you have kidney problems.
As you can see, lovage tea is a wonderful tea with many health benefits. Just read the side effects listed above and make sure you won`t experience them!